Google

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My team


It doesn't look to exciting on paper and I am not ecstatic about the team. I think I drafted better last year. Anyway, not much changed on the fantasy landscape for me until this past Saturday night. I found out Domanick Davis(my number one draft pick) had been placed in IR. His season is over. Oh my god! That news just crushed me. He was ranked high on most preseason lists and his injury did not appear to be initially serious. Oh Well! This usually happens once a preseason. A high end player gets injured and someon's fantasy dreams tumble.
I guess I should have taken Wali Lundy or Morency as insurance for Davis instead of Mike Anderson. I thought Jamal was more of an injury risk. Since both Lundy and Morency were already picked up I had to think fast. After dropping Davis, I found out Maroney(who had a fantastic preseason) is out for week one with a knee injury. Reports say nothing serious but that is what I thought about Davis. Anyway, what to do now. Since our league is so large there are not many RB options out there. My best shot is to pick a back up RB and hope he gets some goal line or 3rd down carries. The best available options appear to be Verron Haynes, Michel Turner, Maurice Hicks, and LaBrandon Toefield. These back ups all appear to be poor choices but I have to pick someone.
Any thoughts? I chose Verron Haynes. I am figuring Parker will be spelled quite a bit as Big Bill doesn't want his stud to get too tired. Also with Big Ben out for 1-2 weeks that means Pitt. will rely on their running game even more than usual. Sounds good in theory at least.
As of now, however I am starting Jamal Lewis and Mike Anderson as of now with my three wide outs. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Learn about Social Bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home