Google

Monday, September 18, 2006

Week 2

I spent yesterday on the couch at a buddy's house. He decided to leave comcast and get the NFL ticket from Directv. He has all the games. We were able to switch from one to another and then we realized something. He has a $5,000 plasma Sony wega and we were not watching in HD. Directv fails to tell you when you sign up for the ticket that you need to pay an extra $100 to get the package in HD. We obviously had to make a change and step up. In addition, I read you can follow up to 9 players with Player Tracker. My buddy made a call and switched to the HD package in midstream. Ah the blindingly bright colors, the crisp clearness of Aaron Brooks fumbling back to back snaps and Eli Manning leading a late rally over the Eagles.

Unfortunately it looks like my fantasy team lost a tight one. I made a couple of management errors and a couple of good decisions. Mike Vick turned out to be the right play as he had a dynamite game and Steve McNair did not. I picked Michael Clayton over Mike Jenkins and that was the right play. But, taking the Rams D vs Alex Smith over the Broncos v Huard and LJ was a mistake. For the second straight week the Broncos did not allow a touchdown. Also, who would have known but Mike Anderson ripped off a 36 yard TD run at the end of the Ravens/Raiders game and had more points than Jamal Lewis. I am currently down 2 and have no players left. My opponant has Heath Miller tonight. It is safe to say I lost. To be fair, he left Cotchery, Troy Williamson and the Dallas D on his bench so if he played the right guys he would have won anyway. Biggest disappointments for my team were the meager efforts by Jeremy Shockey and Anquan Boldin. My 3rd and 4th draft picks combined for 8 points. Shockey only had 17 yards when Manning threw for over 300!

Back to the drawing board.

Learn about Social Bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home