Google

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fantasy Preview

Now that it is Wednesday morning most Fantasy Football sites put in their forecasts for this week's match ups. I am predicted to lose 95-89. Just like last week.
As I begin to analyze my team for this week there are some things to think about. First, at QB. Mike Vick is going up against a supposedly tough Tampa D. In the past, Tampa has been able to contain Vick by using a spy. His rushing has been limited and passing erratic. However, Steve McNair had no trouble finding open targets. Because of the presence of Ashley Lelie, Jenkins, and Roddy White it may be tough for Tampa to use a spy. Vick may have a good day. I also have Steve McNair. Steve has a good match up at home against the poor Oakland Raiders. As of now, I will stay with Vick and see how it goes. This may be a perfect match up to use McNair though.
Secondly, my defenses. Under new coordinator Jim Haslett the Rams had a great performance versus a good Denver offense and could emerge as a sleeper unit through the season. They are a decent option for Week 2 at San Francisco. The Denver D, held the explosive Rams offense without a touchdown and face a good Chiefs offense. However, Trent Green is out and Huard is the QB. I smell low scoring, running offense for the chiefs to avoid INTs. This one is a toss up but I am going with the Rams vs. the 49ers offense.
The last choice I really have is between Michael Clayton vs the Atlanta D or Michael Jenkins v the Tampa D. I am going with Clayton, hoping for a bounceback game from Chris Simms and I am splitting the difference. If Vick has a bad game then Jenkins will probably suffer. This would lead to a lot of Tampa offensive opportunities which could benefit Clayton. You may say I am hedging my bets a little.
Injury reports have just started to come out but it is too early to make decisions on those. Keep an eye on the reports though.

Posted in ,

Learn about Social Bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home