Google

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Looking Ahead to week 3

After my two point loss I fell into a 9 team tie at .500. Week 3 is when you find out if early season surprises are ones to bank on, or if they are flukes. I heard a stat on Sportscenter this morning that last year 6 of 7 teams in the NFL that started out 2-0 made the playoffs. I wonder if that stat transfers to fantasy. I think I will look into that...

Here are the fantasy leaders for week 2. You may note some non familiar names on the list. We will see soon whether they will stay there for the season. One trend I am noticing is that fantasy owners should really pay attention to offensive lines when drafting runningbacks. A few examples...
Since Willie Roaf retired, Larry Johnson's numbers are not near what they were last year.
Cadillac Williams is running behind two back up lineman and has not run for 50 yards in a game.
Shaun Alexander lost his starting left guard from last year and is averaging 3.1 YPC.
Edgerrin James is working at 3.1 YPC behind the biggest and slowest offensive line in the league.

Learn about Social Bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home