Google

Monday, September 25, 2006

Fantasy Football Week 3 Recap

As I sat yesterday watching the afternoon games and enjoying a few adult beverages I remarked at the number of close games in week 3. With barely any close games it was nice to see some quality games this week. Arguably most impressive was the Bears' Rex Grossman maturing. After throwing what could have been a game ending INT for a touchdown, he came back and threw the game winner to give the Bears a much needed win vs. rival Minnesota.

My game did not go to well this week. I thought I had some favorable match ups but they did not materialize. I am down by 39 points and have Mike Vick playing tonight. I have hope, although a slim one. I figured out if Vick passes for 150 yards, throws a TD, no interceptions, rushes for 125 yards and 2 scores I will win by a point. Based on Vick's play this season this could be possible.
My opponent, in a great move inserted Ledell Betts into his lineup even with Portis playing. Obviously, hoping for a blowout, he got his wishes. Betts, along with Eli Manning's 4th quarter numbers and Willis McGahee's career high 150 yards rushing seem to have done me in. Although so could have Jamal Lewis' effort vs. the Browns and the continued disappointment of Michael Clayton. It may be time to cut ties with the WR, especially with Tampa going on bye week and losing his starting QB.

Click here to see the Week 3 Fantasy Football Leaders.

Posted in ,

Learn about Social Bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home